Mechanical Fitter 2nd Shift
Anderson, SC 29621 US
- Build switchgear housing from the ground up.
- Read blueprints to install copper and aluminum conductors using hand tools and torque wrenches
- Resolve most of the problems encountered in keeping the team on target with assistance from team members.
- Complete daily routine operations tasks for both Copper and sheet metal and when the unit is on target.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and determine the cause of performance gaps using collaborative data knowledge and skills.
- Document/report all production quality requirements and any performance gaps ensuring all relevant troubleshooting and resolution information is recorded.
- Proven background in Electrical Helper role, auto mechanic, and/or industrial mechanical positions.
- Ability and willingness to consistently and safely lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis.
- Carry objects over distance, climb ladders, stand for extended periods of time, and use tools requiring manual dexterity.
- Must have the ability to freely bend, twist, squat, and climb.
- Associates degree or technical certifications in one of the following or related fields: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Mechatronics, etc. is preferred.
- Prior experience with LV/MV Switchgear and/or control panels (Installing wiring, building frames, etc.) is preferred.