Lead Operator 2nd Shift
Anderson, SC 29621 US
Phillips Staffing has an awesome Direct Hire Opportunity with a valued Client in Anderson. Pay range is $19-$22.11 per hour and this position is on 2nd shift.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain positive, progressive, and productive attitude toward plant targets and objectives regarding reliability, accountability, safety, integrity, quality, and productivity as a unified goal.
- Oversee the set-up and operation of assigned team/shift.
- Make informed and intelligent decisions and improvise in the absence of instruction (lead a team independently after normal business hours have ended).
- Draw materials for projects and inspect parts to ensure they meet specifications
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to maintenance and determine the cause of performance gaps using collaborative data knowledge and creative problem-solving skills.
- Document/report all production and quality requirements and any performance gaps.
- Proactively search for ways to improve production performance and channel these ideas via your team leader.
- Learn and retain a good working knowledge of all equipment and processes within your production section.
- Provide support for maintenance activities as and when required.
- Ensure accuracy in maintaining production records such as quantities and types produced.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews on your team members according to the company’s Core Values.
- Conduct applicable corrective actions and coaching cessions to encourage accountability
- Set and maintain a certain standard of excellence for your team to follow
- Set daily goals for your team and ensure follow-through.
- Understand and promote pertinent plant and department objectives to the team.
- Ensure that all personnel are given clear and adequate instruction to perform each task.
- Ensure all materials are organised in advance of personnel commencing a new activity.
- Ensure that team personnel follow the structure when requesting information.
- Liaise with Line manager when in Team bay for progress update.
- Liaise with Project engineers to resolve Project issues.
- Co-ordinate with TLs to ensure adequate manpower is available to complete projects on time and identify when overtime is required. This also applies when situations arise when there is additional manpower available.
- Ensure that Projects start on time and finish on time as per the production Schedule.
- Take an active role in the Project Kick-Off meetings
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Self-starter who can resolve issues, track employee performance, engage in creative problem solving and coordinate work schedules for a team of employees.
- Prior leadership experience or displayed tendencies is preferred
- A strong mechanical and electrical aptitude is preferred
- Must have an employment track record consistent with E&I Engineering Internal Job Posting standards.
Essential Physical Requirements
Due to the nature of our work, Team Members may be required to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis, carry objects over distance, bend/twist, squat, climb ladders, stand or sit for extended periods of time, use tools requiring manual dexterity, and may be required to operate powered industrial equipment.