Lab Technician 3rd Shift
Greer, SC 29650 US
We are seeking dedicated and organized individuals that can multi-task and follow directions. The candidate should be able to work productively in a medium-to-fast paced environment.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the warehouse or production areas.
- Responsible to adhere to food quality and food safety as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements.
- Ensure all products being run conform to the product specifications as outlined in SAP system, and conduct analysis on raw deliveries, syrup batches and treated water.
- Maintain accurate, legible records of all tests and retests performed. Complete all other required reports (work orders, action reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Work closely with all departments to improve quality, increase efficiencies, increase yields and eliminate out of specification or damaged product.
- Startup lines in an accurate and timely manner through pre-confirming flavor to be run, carbo-trol/flow mix settings and product parameters.
- Conduct chemical and physical analysis on raw and intermediate processing materials including packaging materials and determine status of materials as acceptable or unacceptable.
- Complete flavor changes in an accurate and timely manner through pre-confirming flavor to be run, carbo-trol/flow mix settings and product parameters.
- Evaluate finished products against current standards by performing audits to monitor all aspects of finished product and packaging integrity.
- Check process control parameters to assure proper equipment application and operation is being maintained by performing secure seal, closure torque and seaming checks.
- Ensure accurate test results by maintaining proper operation, cleanliness and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness at all times.
- Utilize free time by assisting other technicians or production personnel, filing, preparing reagents, photocopying audit sheets, checking held products, emptying reference samples, reading micro plates, checking inventory supplies and overseeing repacks.
- Complete special projects and other reasonable duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Management.
- When more than one shift is operating, communicate with the technician coming on shift of any issues which may affect product or scheduling as well as cleaning all equipment and benches used for your line. Mop the floor if not already completed. Wait for your replacement before leaving the laboratory. If your replacement is late, inform lead hand on shift or contact the QA Manager.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.